Mikkel and I have been watching the Olympics every chance we get! We loved watching Micheal Phelps dominate and win all those gold medals! My favorite is always gymnastics! I always wanted to be a gymnast when I was younger. My mom signed me up and I was bored doing cartwheels and forward roles! I wanted to go on the bars and balance beam but my teacher told me that I wouldn't be able to use those for a few more years! I didn't want to wait that long so I quit. I think I could have been pretty good if I was patient and stuck to it, but dancing caught my interest soon after...
I just wanted to voice some of my concerns, thoughts, and issues I have about the womans gymnastic competition!
All of the US team was amazing! Some of them got injured which was unfortunate but they held it together and did the best that they could! I feel bad for Alicia Sacramone! She had a bad fall on the balance beam and fell apart during her floor routine. I know the pressure is extremely high and the stress of it all would be very overwhelming! My heart goes out to her!

I think that Nastia Liukin missed her calling in life... She should have been a Ballerina! (GASP) I know I know she is an amazing gymnast! But look at her body- her long slender figure, her long legs, and her extremely beautiful pointed toes. She would have made a gorgeous ballerina! Now I only say this because I was one and I teach ballet so please understand! I told Mikkel this and he said, "Ballerinas don't win gold medals!" I laughed and then realized that I was out of line to think of her as something less than a gold medal gymnast!

My biggest issue and complaint is over the chinese girls! Who are they kidding!! Half of them are not 16! It must be nice to have your own country host the Olympics so you can lie in order to compete! Its not surprising considering that they digitally enhanced the opening ceremony fireworks and had a "cute" girl lip sing the words to the "not so cute" girl's voice!! Oh and the tie between Nastia and the chinese girl was ridiculous considering Nastia had less mistakes in her routine! I can't believe they gave the chinese girl the gold anyway and Nastia the silver! IT WAS A TIE! At least let them do the routine over! If I was Nastia I would have got up there on that gold medal platform and stood right beside her!! Seriously how convenient is it for the chinese?? They have more golds and are obviously being favored cause they are in their own country!! I think they should investigate so they can prove that some of them are under age and then their precious medals will be taken away!

I am glad that Shawn was finally able to get her gold medal for beam!! She deserved one! I am so glad that Nastia took silver! I am surprised they didn't just give the chinese the gold and silver!
Well I am glad that the gymnastics is over cause if I had to see one more under aged chinese girl win gold I would probably lose it!
8 comments:
I 100% agree with you about Nastia Luiken!!! I've totally been saying that she should have been a dancer, her legs are GORGEOUS!!!! She has great feet too. It is nice to watch her do gymnastics too because she gives it a grace that the others don't.
We love to watch the gymnastics as well. Lexi was thrille to see that those who do gymnastics are actually as short as she is. I love your new picture of you and your husband. You guys are cute
Hahhahaha..lol...Ashley...oh mydear sweet Ashley! We think the same! I thought those same exact thoughts while watching them compete! And I was soo pissed off about the tie!! STUPID!! And yes, Nastia should be a ballerina! I thought that several times too! Maybe you were putting these thoughts in my head...hmmmm....anyway, love ya, and we need to chat! I seriously want to go to Lagoon with you and Mikkel! I think itowuld be fun.. dont you? :)
Long lost friend, its Nicole Stanley!! How are you? Kenz told me that you wrote a comment and I wanted to say hi and see what you have been up too! I loved looking at the pictures of you and your husband, you guys are so adorable! McKenzie is trying to get me to get my own blog but until then I'll communicate through her blog.. Talk to you soon!!!
Thanks for the "BOOGER" Memorie! That made my day.. and to tell you the truth, I feel like that was just yesterday! Sure love ya
Wait . . .
I'M an underaged Chinese girl!!!
Soooo offened right now.
You have the exact same complaints as me. I've been so frustrated with all of the gymnastics and the crappy judging that Jer leaves the room. And Alicia SO should have medaled on vault, she didn't land on her KNEES like the Chinese girl, you'd think they'd take more deductions for something like that. There were so many judging errors that made me shake my head thinking...how could you NOT see all the mistakes in that routine and give them a higher score than the person who obviously did much better? Grr, I could go on and on!
you are so funny! i was laughing so hard reading this post! you should have came and watched the olympics with me my mom and craig cuz we would go nuts over all the same things you did! next olympics, party at my house and we can all yell at the tv together! ha ha! love you!
Post a Comment