Saturday, February 7, 2009

This Time Its for real

Well last night my mom called me to tell me that grandpa had really died this time. He had been doing good this week and they wanted to move him to a rest home. He did not want to go and didn't know why he couldn't just go home. He was fighting them on whether he was going or not and he was not happy with the decision. Well two hours later he past away. My grandma said, "I told you he wasn't going to go to the rest home." I guess he wanted to go to a better place instead. He was such a sweet man and I will miss him. I have never had anyone close to me die. Both sets of my grandparents have been around my entire life. In fact I don't think I have ever been to a funeral. I have been fortunate to not have had experienced the loss of someone... until now.

5 comments:

Jer and Jules said...

I'm so sorry Ashley, death is a hard thing, especially when it's your first loved-one to go. At least you know, like you said, that he's in a better place now. I hope you'll be ok and if you need anything let me/us know.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Ashley I am so sorry to hear that. It's a fear of mine that Grandpa Keith will go soon. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Funerals are a different experience. At least your grandpa is out of pain and in a much happier place. Love you girl!

Unknown said...

Thats so sad Ashley! Is this Grandpa Morgan that died? If so I remember him I always thought he was a cute old man and so sweet. We love you and wish you the best while you are going through all of this

melissa marie said...

I'm so sorry about your loss, it is always hard no matter how close you are.

borchertfam said...

Ashley I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you. It is so hard to lose some one close to you. Let me know if you need anything.