Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Weaving

I found this quote in my scriptures from many years ago. I got it  when i was in seminary and i wanted to share it with you.

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me
I let Him choose the colors 
He worketh steadily.
Oftimes He worketh sorrow
And I within my heart, 
Forget He sees the pattern
While I see only part.
The dark threads were as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He had planned.
Not till the loom is silent
 And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
--Anonymous

"The day will come brother and sisters, when the tapestry of your life will be unfolded, and you will see divine design all through it, and praise God for the experience and tutoring which, in his goodness, He has given you."  --Neal A. Maxwell, "Willing to Submit", 9 Feb. 1988

I just love this quote because I am one of those people who always asks why and I cannot understand and figure out why some things happen! this gives me peace in knowing that God knows what He is doing, and eventually I will understand.

2 comments:

Scott and Karissa Conover said...

I love that quote! I am excited for that day when I get to find out everything!

lovell said...

Thank you for sharing that. I really needed to hear that. Your a doll:)