About three months ago Mikkel and his friends found a
black widow on our front porch! I told them to smash it emediatly but then Mikkel asked me to go and get him a jar. He courageously caught it, brought it into the house, and poked tiny holes in the top so it could breath. I was wondering what he was going to do with it... keep it for a pet? Yes!! That stupid spider has been in that jar for three months and is still alive because Mikkel keeps catching flies and bugs for it to eat! (by eat i mean wrap them up in its web and suck the guts out!) I have to admit that it is pretty cool to watch it spin webs and wrap up bugs! I put the jar in a cupboard everyday so I don't have to look at it and some how it keeps ending up in the center of our island like a center piece! weird! It still gives me shivers every time I pick up the jar! We have become somewhat attached and have named her Lola. She has tripled in size and is huge now! I wonder how long she will live?
Can you see her red spot?
This is her tiny home and in this pic she is eating
a delicious cricket! yum.

11 comments:
Ick, that's creepy! But good for Mike for catching food for her, I guess. Maybe you should keep her in the garage?
So what? I have three rampid and verbally abusive anacondas living on my kitchen island! TOP THAT!
Ewwww I can't believe that! She is huge. I bet she'll have babies and then you guys can be parents.
Ashley, not to freak you out, but if she has trippled is size she might be pregnant! They give birth to many tiny little black widows that will crawl out of those air holes in the jar! My dad had a black widow pet at the feed store way back when. It had mnay babies...danger I say!! eww...creepy!
That is so creepy!!!! You need to get rid of that! I just read the comment about the babies!!! I am so arachnaphobic... so if I see any black widow spiders... I am so blaming you guys! Ahhh... I am worried! haha!
Oh my gosh! I would have freaked out! I hate spiders so bad! They give me nightmares! Yucky!
Good for you for keeping it for this long. I also am very very afraid of spiders and we had a black widow in our house not too long ago. We put those bombs off all over right after because I was afraid of it having babies. Good luck with the little ones if she really is pregnant!
That spider is so gross. I hate spiders. Hey I went private so, if you want me to add you email me. Jumpnjivedance@hotmail.com
Ewe.. thats creepy! You better hope it does not escape. That would be scarry. Hey I work at a small salon named Fiddlers Syle and File! Way cute huh! lol I am in Cedar City though.. I think you forgot! But I am coming home for Thanksgiving and taking some clients that weekend. If you are interested let me know!
oh sick! i HATE spiders! i mean HATE! i would die if i had to look at that every day! ah!!!
I have the shivers just looking at this post. I don't know how you allow that thing to be in your present. I would have had a million seizures by now and be dead. I am so happy because since we have lived in Cali I have not seen one spider nor bug in our house! True Luck! That is definitely one thing I don't miss about UT.
Post a Comment