Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mikkel's Steak

Over the weekend a lot of questions came up as usual, "What should we do tonight? Who should we call, what should we eat tonight?" So as we are discussing our options, Mikkel decides he wants to make this gourmet steak. He had a very elaborate recipe for what he wanted. So we decided to go to the store and buy the ingredients so he can make the amazing steak. So we leave the store with the ingredients and decide to stop and rent a movie. After that Mikkel realizes that he needs Brandy to cook the steak in... yes Brandy! So its a little after 6:00 now and we are figuring out the best way to go about purchasing this 'Brandy.' We are driving down the street and we spot an AppleBee's. Mikkel says, "Oh they have a bar! I will just go in and order some brandy to go, easy..." Not! they wouldn't let him order it unless he was sitting down to eat. He had already tried to find it in the grocery store, but we are in Utah... so our last resort... the state liquor store, which was conveniently located near our house. So we drive up feeling somewhat guilty and uncomfortable, I don't know why, we weren't going to drink it. Mikkel parks away from the huge sign that indicates what the store is, so of course i couldn't get a picture of him walking in. So he zips up his jacket all the way, i guess to hide as much of himself as he could, and runs into the store. As I was waiting I was watching people come out with their brown paper bags and smiles on their faces. Then Mikkel came out with the biggest smile on his face along with his little brown bag!! We drove away laughing. We got home around 8:00. It was now time for him to create this sinful steak! He began sauteing, dicing, slicing, simmering, stirring, grilling and finally garnishing. After 5 pans, 2 plates, 3 spatulas, and 6 spoons. It was now after 10 pm and Mikkel could finally eat his dinner.




THE FINISHED PRODUCT


THE SWEET TASTE OF
PERFECTION

SADIE BEGGING (As usual)

He is an amazing cook and I was very impressed and proud of him that night! I was also confused as to why he doesn't do the cooking every night! I think he knows I'm impatient and wouldn't wait around for 6 hrs for my food.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley!! How are you? It has been so long! How is life?

Anonymous said...

For the record, I was not in relief society because of illness. If I had my way, I would have been there!:)

No, the real story is I found out I don't do my little thing until the first weekend in May or something and my back was giving me so much pain sitting I just went home and laid on the floor the rest of the day.

That is why you missed out on what was going to be the most enlightening spiritual thought about neighbors you've ever dreamed of.

Anonymous said...

Nice! You are lucky, yeah I suggest you keep him to work in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Knipee- I know that is no longer your name but that is just how I know you. I am so glad you found my blog. Caroline told me about it and I said she better leave a comment. Well you pulled through I checked today and you had. It is so good to see what you are up to. Congrats on marriage and a cute dog. I know I am late but haven't seen you in forever. Keep in touch!